What's new

How do I remove entware?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Noremacyug

Regular Contributor
Subject says it. I've played around with it and can't get out of it what I want. Just want to remove it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I've played around with it and can't get out of it what I want. Just want to remove it.
Hi,

Should not be to hard:
- Remove the start commands from /jffs/scripts and/or the script_usbumount & script_usbmount variable from NVRAM - basically reverse what you have done to install. :rolleyes:
- Reboot!
- Delete the Optware folder where Optware was installed

And Entware should be gone!

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Hi,

Should not be to hard:
- Remove the start commands from /jffs/scripts and/or the script_usbumount & script_usbmount variable from NVRAM - basically reverse what you have done to install. :rolleyes:
- Reboot!
- Delete the Optware folder where Optware was installed

And Entware should be gone!

With kind regards

forgive my ignorance, but i followed a tutorial to install this, hence my not knowing the exact process to remove it.

what start commands would i be looking for? all that is listed in /jffs/scripts is

post-mount services-start services-stop

as for the nvram, where can i find it. this is all i see.

admin@AsusRouter:/# ls
bin cifs2 etc jffs mmc opt rom sbin tmp var
cifs1 dev home lib mnt proc root sys usr www

thanks again.

what start commands would i be looking for? all that is listed in /jffs/scripts is

post-mount services-start services-stop

as for the nvram, where can i find it. this is all i see.
Hi,

You need to look into(!) the scripts in the /jffs/scripts folder.
The commands will be:
Code:
[B]cd /jffs/scripts
ls
more post-mount[/B] - or any other script
And then you need to edit the scripts with vi or nano (as long as you have entware installed).

For NVRAM the command is nvram(!):
Code:
[B]nvram show[/B] - lists all nvram settings
[B]nvram get[/B] "keyword" - show the settings of the "keyword"
[B]nvram set[/B] "keyword" - sets the settings for "keyword"
[B]nvram commit[/B] - saves permanently the settings

With kind regards

Hi,

i have the same problem. Not very familiar to Linux, playing around with Entware on a RT-AC66U.

With "entware-setup.sh" Installation was easy. A similar command for removing, at least to clean up all modifications done to the router, would be helpful.

Thanks

Hi,

i have the same problem. Not very familiar to Linux, playing around with Entware on a RT-AC66U.

With "entware-setup.sh" Installation was easy. A similar command for removing, at least to clean up all modifications done to the router, would be helpful.

Thanks
it was the most crude way possible, but i finally just formatted the hdd i had entware on and then reflashed firmware and cleared out nvram. i know all of that wasn't necessary, but i'm anal and wanted all traces gone. :D

Entware sits on the external drive and it is only mounted+started from /jffs/scripts/ folder. Therefore removing of everything from /jffs/ folder and "entware" folder together with 6 text files from usb/hdd is enough also for paranoid man. :D
Very paranoid can still perform
Code:
nvram show | grep entware
and clear every item in the list by
Code:
nvram set 'item_name'=
It is not necessary to reflash a fw, it can't be affected by entware. ;)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!