What's new

How do I send a donation to Adamm and other addon maintainers?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The first post in the former Skynet thread has a link for “Donating with Paypal” just before the first screenshot.

Many thanks.

@HearToLearn asks a good question. Just a thought/recommendation - I don't know who maintains the Addons->Help and Support page but adding the developers donation link on that page would help quite a bit. They are a deserving group!

It is up to individual AddOn creators to put up donation links. Even though older threads cannot be replied to, post authors can edit posts in those threads.

@HearToLearn asks a good question. Just a thought/recommendation - I don't know who maintains the Addons->Help and Support page but adding the developers donation link on that page would help quite a bit. They are a deserving group!
the page in the webui under Addons? That's a page of my creation. I don't think it's appropriate to solicit donations there. Donation links are readily available on script author's threads and GitHub pages

Understood.
It's just that it would be quicker and easier if they were in one spot.

With that said, I can appreciate your decision.

Understood.
It's just that it would be quicker and easier if they were in one spot.

With that said, I can appreciate your decision.

Up to you guys to do it. The Tomato crowd did it on their own support forums. If someone is willing to create a post containing donation links to all the major addons developers and actively maintaining it, I have no problem making it a sticky.

Up to you guys to do it. The Tomato crowd did it on their own support forums. If someone is willing to create a post containing donation links to all the major addons developers and actively maintaining it, I have no problem making it a sticky.
Deal! Thanks.

I am putting the sticky together. It will likely take me a day or so. There are a few devs that I am tracking down their link.

Some prefer no donation. At this point, I am leaning to not include their names in the list.

Some prefer no donation. At this point, I am leaning to not include their names in the list.

Probably best that you ask them directly whether they want to be included or not.

Please make another route to donate besides paypal. I refuse to use or support them due to old wounds.

Let me know the link when you get the chance?

Please make another route to donate besides paypal. I refuse to use or support them due to old wounds.
It's up to each developer on the method.

Do you have some recommendations?

It's up to each developer on the method.

Do you have some recommendations?
Many have the option to pay through debit or credit card outside of paypal.
Mail in could be another option, just provide the address to send the donation to.
This may be more attractive to potential anonymous donors, but might be more problematic for international mail.

Well I don't blame you for that. I hadn't considered privacy with that thought.

My address is: https://diversion.ch

And I want to emphasize my personal opinion on stickies: Please no stickies in the AddOns forum. Thanks.
I can appreciate not wanting to "sticky" a particular addon or "how-to". This seems like a valuable sticky that provides some credit to you and the other developers.
I will defer to @RMerlin .

And I want to emphasize my personal opinion on stickies: Please no stickies in the AddOns forum. Thanks.

Do you have an alternative? Because that's the only way to make this information available. We're not talking about 5-6 sticky FAQ posts that people would ignore, but a single sticky containing valuable information that can be used as a reference.