What's new

How do I troubleshoot/solve jitter problems?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

how about the simple option that Square's network and servers get strained during prime time?
Sounds reasonable ... except his friends don't seem to have an issue?

I'm starting to wonder about the tunnel, why? What is the need? Can you run without the tunnel and see what happens?

Even though the Pingplotter results look suspect, it seems like things work out when wired and using a tunneling service: https://i.imgur.com/wLJnhyn.png

Right now, I have a 100ft ethernet cable running upstairs and switch coming soon. I'm not a fan of it since it cuts across swathes of the place, but if it's the only solution, I suppose I must oblige.

Well I'll be damned ...
Right now, I have a 100ft ethernet cable running upstairs and switch coming soon. I'm not a fan of it since it cuts across swathes of the place, but if it's the only solution, I suppose I must oblige.
<lol> and you gotta be single!

No idea tbh. Seems like a consistent 50ms jitter now, but I think I might just settle at this point tbh.

No idea tbh. Seems like a consistent 50ms jitter now, but I think I might just settle at this point tbh.
Jeez, if it weren't for your bad luck you'd have no luck : -)

On one hand it's just a "dumb" switch yet it talks about QoS and a VLAN? Strange.

Long shot, I once had similar symptoms. Suspected the "house cable" but couldn't replace it. It was negotiating a gigabit connection so I forced it to 100 Mbps and it worked. In your case double check the short cable between your PC and the switch but, really, it's a long shot.

Last week you had no Ethernet to the PC. This week you need a switch. What's the extra device that now needs Ethernet (e.g., do you really need a switch?)

Not all that long ago devices didn't sense "polarity" and you had to be mindful in using straight through cables vs. cross over cables. Is it possible you've a device that isn't auto sensing polarity? (This thought is truly just a shot in the dark.)

I see a yellow light (port 5) on your switch. What does that mean?

The other device is a Philips Hue hub used for the lightbulb downstairs. I read something about interference happening between ethernet cables when one cable is super long, so I've actually changed the ethernet's port number since then. Last night, jitter seemed to be pretty good (23ms internet/0ms wtfast). I'll be testing it out more, however, to see if it was a coincidence or not.

Edit: nvm still has jitter issues.

Last edited:
Hi....on the off chance that you simply mean a switch that can run outsider firm product it is far-fetched only the product will have a lot of effect yet it has a lot more component and indicative instruments.

In the event that the ISP is right and you have over used you association it can cause this issue. They obviously ordinarily lie to get you off the telephone and close their tickets. On the off chance that you are just utilizing a solitary PC you can utilize the asset screen to see your organization use. It is smarter to see the use in the switch however not all have that highlight.

order pcb

Last edited: