What's new

How do I turn off ASUS warning message that appears on blocked devices on your network which says “your device is blocked by Asus router” ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

brownie112

Regular Contributor
How do I turn off ASUS warning message that appears on blocked devices on your network which says “your device is blocked by Asus router”?
Is there a way to turn this message on/off for some of the devices that you block?
I tried looking in parental controls but can’t find anything there.

Gt-Ax6000

Example attached
4C0ABA98-6A39-4A98-B0A2-CB06F7503FED.jpeg

Ripshod replied to a thread you are watching at SmallNetBuilder Forums.

"This reads as if you're trying to circumvent some internet limits set by a parent/guardian."

Hi I cannot seem to view this thread properly but got a notification in email regarding your reply @Ripshod

Let me clarify, I'm trying to do exactly the opposite. As in, I'm the parent and this notification pops up on the blocked device. This is giving the kids lots of ideas to what to search on the internet to circumvent the block.

Also if it helps, I haven't turned on parental controls, just went to Device List and 'blocked' by tapping on that block icon directly from the app.
Thanks!

Ripshod replied to a thread you are watching at SmallNetBuilder Forums.

"This reads as if you're trying to circumvent some internet limits set by a parent/guardian."

Hi I cannot seem to view this thread properly but got a notification in email regarding your reply @Ripshod

Let me clarify, I'm trying to do exactly the opposite. As in, I'm the parent and this notification pops up on the blocked device. This is giving the kids lots of ideas to what to search on the internet to circumvent the block.

Also if it helps, I haven't turned on parental controls, just went to Device List and 'blocked' by tapping on that block icon directly from the app.
Thanks!
You're fast. I misread your post and then deleted my response.
As far as I know there's no setting anywhere that'll remove the message but how harmful would it really be?
At the end of the day your main router has a reset button, so any kid can cause you a headache unless you make the router inaccessible.

You're fast. I misread your post and then deleted my response.
As far as I know there's no setting anywhere that'll remove the message but how harmful would it really be?
At the end of the day your main router has a reset button, so any kid can cause you a headache unless you make the router inaccessible.
Haha fair enough I didn’t realise you deleted it!

I see your point but IMHO I reckon it should be an option to toggle on or off to display the message.

Just at least to prevent unnecessary resentment directed at me

I remember this being an option somewhere in the Wireless/Parental Control settings but for the life of eywa I can’t find it

I just created a post with the same question and then I found your post. I think I may have found it... I am trying it now to see if this is it. Toggling that option to "No".

Asusmsg2.jpg

That doesn't work the way you want. This setting is for when the WAN is down, not blocked.

Whip up a web page and mount it --bind over the top of that one. Say something like "You know you're not supposed to be trying this at this time. Continued persistence on your part will be met with further restrictions and/or punishment."