What's new

How do you turn off aMule?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

flyboytyler

Occasional Visitor
I still suffer from outgoing traffic whenever I enable the Download Master. How can I disable aMule as I believe that is responsible.

Many thanks.

Oddly enough, Asus didn't put an option to disable aMule on the webui, so anyone installing Download Master ends up sharing everything they keep in their Download directory.

Simplest way to disable aMule is to edit the following file:
/opt/etc/init.d/S50downloadmaster

Locate every lines that looks like this (there might be a few):

./dm2_amuled -c /opt/etc/dm2_amule/&

And put a "#" at the start, to comment it out:

# ./dm2_amuled -c /opt/etc/dm2_amule/&

That will prevent Download Master from starting aMule when the router boots.

Note that upgrading Download Master will probably overwrite that file, so you will have to re-edit it again.

Thank you so much.

I had to do a little web search on how to edit file son linux, but managed to do it.

This is a crazy omission by ASUS and as far as I'm concerned a bit of a security risk. Who knows who is getting the data from my drive.

Again, many thanks.

I'm trying do the same too but when I tried to Telnet, I encountered this error :

[C:\]telnet 192.168.1.1
Connecting To 192.168.1.1...Could not open connection to the host, on port 23: Connect failed

My port forwarding is already ON for telnet, see screenshot. Thanks!

telnet.png

Last edited:
Remove that port forward, and simply enable the telnet service on the Administration -> System page.