What's new

How many wifi antennas could be use in one coaxial wifi cable?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mark777

Occasional Visitor
Let assume that a router has only one internal antennas that is connected through one wire (wifi coaxial cable) with the motherboard. If you wan't to replace the other antenna with only one new antenna is prety much easy, remove the older one with its wire coaxial cable and then sold the new antenna with new coaxial cable that has a conector where you can mount the new antenna. What about if you want to put for instance three new antenas, is it possible to connect all three of them with the only wire coaxial cable (place in the motherboard wher you can sold the wire) that has the router, if yes how? What I mean is that routers that could have three antennas for instance connected with coaxial cable, if you wan't to replace them and upgrade with three better antennas is prety much easy, remove the older antennas and in the same place were those coaxial cable where conected before you will connect the new antennas with the new coaxial cables. Here you have three upgraded antennas, but what if your router has only one place where the old coaxial cable of the old antenna are solded is it possible to install three antennas?

if your router has only one place where the old coaxial cable of the old antenna are solded is it possible to install three antennas?

I am by no means knowledgeable in this area, but my basic electronics knowledge would indicate to me that simply installing 3 antennae to a single point would provide no useful benefit.

If the antennae were of different types, design, or frequency *AND* the receiving chip/circuit was able to do something with the various signals, then my answer would be *maybe*.

What is it that you are specifically trying to accomplish with this in the end? Likely, to get a suitable response, you should probably indicate what hardware you are hoping to modify as well. This may be a very specific engineering issue that entire depends on the chips, circuit design and software so I wouldn't hold my breath on getting an appropriate answer.

I am by no means knowledgeable in this area, but my basic electronics knowledge would indicate to me that simply installing 3 antennae to a single point would provide no useful benefit.

If the antennae were of different types, design, or frequency *AND* the receiving chip/circuit was able to do something with the various signals, then my answer would be *maybe*.

What is it that you are specifically trying to accomplish with this in the end? Likely, to get a suitable response, you should probably indicate what hardware you are hoping to modify as well. This may be a very specific engineering issue that entire depends on the chips, circuit design and software so I wouldn't hold my breath on getting an appropriate answer.
My routers are exactly ZTE F660 it says in the letter of the router by the interface it looks like 609 or whatever, by another question that I have made about my router according to MCIIT ID 2011DP2822 it resulted a 460 model, and the other router is Billion BiPAC 7700N R4. The purpouse of this question and adding antennas is that I want because I need to expand Wifi coverage as much as possible, to have a more powerful router. I have these routers and some antennas 5 Dbi and 7 Dbi. This is what I have and I don't have the budged and can't provide myself to buy other routers better and more expensive or to make other additional expenses for the internet Wifi improbement.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!