What's new

how safe air waves is Moca

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

anaturelover

Occasional Visitor
yeah

hi every one in the community
is it more or less dangerous than a wifi signal

any links on health about that will be apreciate

yeah

hi every one in the community
is it more or less dangerous than a wifi signal

any links on health about that will be apreciate

Signals going into MOCA are no more than what you're seeing with cable tv.

For some, this is an understandable concern - for counter-measure, check out the following link.

;)

sfx

And remember to put the shiny side out, it reflects the rays better.

all the best

sfx

Didn't believe my explanation of MoCA on cable?

If you think signals on coax cable are an RF hazard, then sue the cable company.

French Government is famous for paranoia like this.

HI the site is not there anymone but there was people with aluminium hat wich seems like a joke.

I do not live in france, i just speak french.

Any way does anyone has link or studies on the safety aspect of moca. positive or negative studies i ll read them .

also how would you compare moca to wifi frequency effect on body?

HI the site is not there anymone but there was people with aluminium hat wich seems like a joke.

I do not live in france, i just speak french.

Any way does anyone has link or studies on the safety aspect of moca. positive or negative studies i ll read them .

also how would you compare moca to wifi frequency effect on body?
God allmighty. MoCa signals are no different than Cable TV signals from a health and safety standpoint.

Move on.

hi I hear your answer and I also hear that you may be anoyed that i search aroud this subject .

But my need to get knowledge from proven sources regarding health is strong and legitimate.

I hear youdon see any problem with moca safety but it does not mean there are none . You may still be full of help for me to answer the following question

Here i a question that might discart moca from my solutions :

my friend and I are living in two different appartments in the same building (same floor). He receives cable tv and cable internet from the same cable provider.I would only share the internet connection with him. does te fact that we live in two different appartement causes a problem for moca conections?

with your respect :)

Millions of Cable TV set top boxes use MoCA for whole-house DVR.
All those residents must be dead and dying.

It's a moot point. MoCA doesn't fit your solution.

But since MoCA signals and Cable TV channel signals are the same in terms of radio frequencies on cable (not in the air), you should disconnect your cable TV until you area shown that those signals are safe.

Last edited:
ok i see

and for this point?
Here i a question that might discart moca from my solutions :

my friend and I are living in two different appartments in the same building (same floor). He receives cable tv and cable internet from the same cable provider.I would only share the internet connection with him. does te fact that we live in two different appartement causes a problem for moca conections?

Several posts back I said you can't use MoCA or HomePlug for an apartment 2 doors away. I said you have to try to use WiFi, perhaps with bridges out the windows.

Well, most likely you can't. Generally the cable is going to by physically seperate within the building back to the cable "node" outside between the different apartments. Cable company setup is going to prevent a MoCA signal from traveling between the apartments. There is a tiny, tiny chance that all of the apartments are actually sharing the same Coax, in which case MoCA would be a viable option.

I HAVE seen a few apartment building setups that were like that. However, they were generally "garden apartments" where you'd have, say, 4 apartments in a small building.

You'll need to use Wifi if you want to share an internet connection in this case.

As for health and safety, MoCA would actually be better than cable TV. It is transmitted at a higher frequency than Cable TV signals are on the wire, which leads to lower propogation/higher attenuation in the wire, as well as generally better shielding by the ground sheat of the cable. Now, the frequency difference isn't much, but if you want to be tin foil hat about it, you'd actually receive lower absorbed radiation from it than you would from Cable TV signals due to all of that (even though the 900-1000MHz of MoCA is slightly more readily absorbed by the body than the ~800MHz of Cable TV).

You'll receive significantly higher doses of electromagnetic radiation from cell phones, and not simply yours, but anyone within hundreds of feet of you, than you would from MoCA, running over Coax short of maybe holding the wire in your hand.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!