What's new

How to access 2.4GHz devices via 5GHz connection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

iR0ck

New Around Here
So, not sure if my question is silly but here it is

I have a router Asus AC68U (a bit outdated) with enabled dual band. I have a printer and wireless garage door which are connected to 2.4GHz (they don't support 5 GHz). The question is, if my PC or phone are on 5 GHz network of the same router, is there any way I can setup a bridge to control those devices without switching to 2.4GHz?

Help is much appreciated.

So, not sure if my question is silly but here it is

I have a router Asus AC68U (a bit outdated) with enabled dual band. I have a printer and wireless garage door which are connected to 2.4GHz (they don't support 5 GHz). The question is, if my PC or phone are on 5 GHz network of the same router, is there any way I can setup a bridge to control those devices without switching to 2.4GHz?

Help is much appreciated.
Should work without any special setup. I have run a 2.4 GHZ printer for years from most other clients on 5 GHZ.

Turn off the client isolation settings you've obviously enabled.
Or are we talking guest wifi? Enable 'access intranet' but that defeats the point of that setting.

Have you tried to control them? As long as all devices are on the same network, there should be no issue, except for any special settings like as mentioned above.

I've been running into the same problem with clients not being able to communicate between the main 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi networks. The weird part is if I restart the router, it works again for maybe a day or two before breaking again all on its own without any configuration changes. Not sure if something is randomly adding an iptables rule that's breaking it. I need to compare my iptables rules before and after it breaks.

I've been running into the same problem with clients not being able to communicate between the main 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi networks. The weird part is if I restart the router, it works again for maybe a day or two before breaking again all on its own without any configuration changes. Not sure if something is randomly adding an iptables rule that's breaking it. I need to compare my iptables rules before and after it breaks.
Welp it ain't iptables rules because it's exactly the same before and after breakage.

Welp it ain't iptables rules because it's exactly the same before and after breakage.
Were you able to find a solution? I have the same problem. My old printer is on 2.4Ghz, but I cannot ping or print from it if my laptop is on 5Ghz. If I reboot the router, it works temporally for few days, then stops working. Or if I put my laptop on 2.4Ghz(same as printer), then I am able to print and ping the printer.

Were you able to find a solution? I have the same problem. My old printer is on 2.4Ghz, but I cannot ping or print from it if my laptop is on 5Ghz. If I reboot the router, it works temporally for few days, then stops working. Or if I put my laptop on 2.4Ghz(same as printer), then I am able to print and ping the printer.
Unfortunately no. I've resorted to wiring my printer with Ethernet and just waiting on Asus to fix it.