What's new

How to access / admin Bridged routers?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Livin

Got my CellSpot today to mate with my AC68U to use as a Hybrid Bridge so I can connect two ides of my home.

How do I access both routers from the same LAN - since they are both required to be on different subnets in Bridge mode?

thx for the help!

A bridged connection uses the SAME subnet.

Set the second router to Media Bridge mode and complete the connection. Then check the list of connected clients on the router to get the IP address of the bridge device.

You may want to set a static IP on the bridge router so that you can always find it for admin purposes. Be sure to use an address outside the DHCP server range.

I got it working BUT I'm seeing some strange stuff...

Using WDS Hybrid with 5GHz MAC addresses & set to same channel.

Bridging/Repeating works fine if the 2.4GHz channels are the same... BUT stops working if I change them to be different!?

I'd like to setup Wifi clients (for both routers) to use 2.4GHz and have different channels so they roam properly... but it seems WDS Hybrid is using the 2.4GHz when is it supposed to be (set in the config to be) using 5GHz?

thoughts?

According to ASUS documents: "SSID and channel of two routers/APs should be the same."

According to ASUS documents: "SSID and channel of two routers/APs should be the same."

Yes, this makes sense for the radio (5 GHz) creating the Bridge... but it should not matter for the radio (2.4GHz) that is not.

This is what is strange... I'll call ASUS support to see if they can help.

I was thinking there would be several on the forum would have been using WDS with ASUS routers that would be able to lend some advice/experiences :) ... anyone?