1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

How to Block internet access to precise IP range at night?

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by Jim_Lafleur, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Jim_Lafleur

Jim_Lafleur Occasional Visitor

Hi,

I have an Asus RT-AC87U with the latest Merlin firmware on it (380.61). I'd like to block internet access to ip range 192.168.4.103-192.168.4.200 during the night.
    I've looked at the Firewall - Network Services Filter, but it seems impossible to specify a specific and precise IP range.

Is there a way to do this?

2. Thorgear

Thorgear Regular Contributor

Let's see what greater minds than mine have to say, but I would use cron to run a script. That script would enable or disable IP blocking via iptables.

3. Jim_Lafleur

It's probably the way to do with current Merlin firmware. It looks like to much trouble (for me). I've found out that DD-WRT could do it. https://www.dd-wrt.com/demo/Filters.asp : Access Restrictions: WAN Access: Edit list of clients: There we can input an IP range. I don't have the confirmation that tomato can do it. I'll try it first and if if doesn't I'll install DD-WRT.

Thanks!

4. Thorgear

Thorgear Regular Contributor

Sounds like a plan. FYI, Tomato can do it.

Jim_Lafleur likes this.
  5. Jim_Lafleur

Excellent! Thanks! I like tomato!