What's new

How to Block internet access to precise IP range at night?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jim_Lafleur

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I have an Asus RT-AC87U with the latest Merlin firmware on it (380.61). I'd like to block internet access to ip range 192.168.4.103-192.168.4.200 during the night.
I've looked at the Firewall - Network Services Filter, but it seems impossible to specify a specific and precise IP range.

Is there a way to do this?

Hi,

I have an Asus RT-AC87U with the latest Merlin firmware on it (380.61). I'd like to block internet access to ip range 192.168.4.103-192.168.4.200 during the night.
I've looked at the Firewall - Network Services Filter, but it seems impossible to specify a specific and precise IP range.

Is there a way to do this?

Let's see what greater minds than mine have to say, but I would use cron to run a script. That script would enable or disable IP blocking via iptables.

It's probably the way to do with current Merlin firmware. It looks like to much trouble (for me). I've found out that DD-WRT could do it. https://www.dd-wrt.com/demo/Filters.asp : Access Restrictions: WAN Access: Edit list of clients: There we can input an IP range. I don't have the confirmation that tomato can do it. I'll try it first and if if doesn't I'll install DD-WRT.

Thanks!

It's probably the way to do with current Merlin firmware. It looks like to much trouble (for me). I've found out that DD-WRT could do it. https://www.dd-wrt.com/demo/Filters.asp : Access Restrictions: WAN Access: Edit list of clients: There we can input an IP range. I don't have the confirmation that tomato can do it. I'll try it first and if if doesn't I'll install DD-WRT.

Thanks!
Sounds like a plan. FYI, Tomato can do it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!