How to check RAM frequency (overclock)

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

bengalih

Regular Contributor
On my RT-AC68U I have used:

Code:
nvram set clkfreq=1000,800

I have the following output:

Code:
[email protected]:/tmp/home/root# cat /proc/cpuinfo
Processor       : ARMv7 Processor rev 0 (v7l)
processor       : 0
BogoMIPS        : 1998.84

processor       : 1
BogoMIPS        : 1998.84

So my BoboMIPS shows ~2 times the set CPU frequency, which appears accurate.

However, how can I check the RAM frequency to see what it is actually running at and not what "nvram get clkfreq" shows (which is often inaccurate)?

Thanks

ColinTaylor

Part of the Furniture
I believe /proc/cpuinfo is the most reliable way of determining what the current CPU clock speed is for that model of router.

bengalih

Regular Contributor
I believe /proc/cpuinfo is the most reliable way of determining what the current CPU clock speed is for that model of router.

Yes, but I'm not asking about the CPU clock speed. I'm asking how to determine the RAM speed.

ColinTaylor

Part of the Furniture
Sorry I just came across this thread:
nvram get clkfreq
Get you cpu and memory clock.
That's what he's setting in post #1. :rolleyes: He want's to know the actual RAM speed, not the contents of the variable.

ColinTaylor

Part of the Furniture
No extra cooling here. But then I live in the UK where it never gets really hot.:D

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
However, how can I check the RAM frequency to see what it is actually running

The only way is to monitor the output on the serial console as the router is powered on, and the bootloader initializes the hardware.