What's new

How to Compile GT-AX6000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Shonk

I picked up a ROG GT-AX6000 today to replace one of my RT-AC88U's

but i cant find what tool chain arguments to use or the folder to compile from

Broadcom HND AX ARM platform (RT-AX56U, RT-AX58U, RT-AX86U, RT-AX88U, GT-AX11000, RT-AX68U):

Code:
sudo ln -s ~/am-toolchains/brcm-arm-hnd /opt/toolchains
echo "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=\$LD_LIBRARY:/opt/toolchains/crosstools-arm-gcc-5.5-linux-4.1-glibc-2.26-binutils-2.28.1/usr/lib" >> ~/.profile
echo "export TOOLCHAIN_BASE=/opt/toolchains" >> ~/.profile
echo "PATH=\$PATH:/opt/toolchains/crosstools-arm-gcc-5.5-linux-4.1-glibc-2.26-binutils-2.28.1/usr/bin" >> ~/.profile
echo "PATH=\$PATH:/opt/toolchains/crosstools-aarch64-gcc-5.5-linux-4.1-glibc-2.26-binutils-2.28.1/usr/bin" >> ~/.profile

is this the right toolchain arguments?

and folder?
src-rt-5.04axhnd.675x

Thanks sorry for the slow reply i have been setting the new router up with a new switch and such

I think i am missing something

I have an empty /opt folder and run the following that i got from https://github.com/RMerl/am-toolchains

sudo ./paths2.sh (without sudo it gives a permission denied error on line 1 + 3
Code:
echo "export PATH=$PATH:/opt/toolchains/crosstools-aarch64-gcc-9.2-linux-4.19-glibc-2.30-binutils-2.32/usr/bin" >> /.profile
echo "export PATH=$PATH:/opt/toolchains/crosstools-arm-gcc-9.2-linux-4.19-glibc-2.30-binutils-2.32/usr/bin" >> ~/.profile
echo "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/opt/toolchains/crosstools-arm-gcc-9.2-linux-4.19-glibc-2.30-binutils-2.32/usr/lib" >> /.profile

which results in

Code:
erlin@i7-8700k-ubuntu-20-0-4-3:~/asuswrt-merlin.ng/release/src-rt-5.04axhnd.675x$ time make gt-ax6000
/bin/sh: line 0: cd: /home/merlin/asuswrt-merlin.ng/release/src-rt-5.04axhnd.675x/targets/9GW: No such file or directory
MAKELEVEL='0' MAKEFLAGS='' MAKECMDGOALS='gt-ax6000' MAKEOVERRIDES='' MAKEFILE_LIST=' Makefile chip_profile.tmp target.mak version.conf platform.mak model-desc.mak build/Makefile'
MY_DEFAULT_ANY_FIRST_RUN='' MY_MKENV_FIRST_RECURSION=''
./release/maketargets 9GW
make: ./release/maketargets: Command not found
/home/merlin/asuswrt-merlin.ng/release/src-rt-5.04axhnd.675x/make.common:293: *** KERNEL VERSION not specified in profile /home/merlin/asuswrt-merlin.ng/release/src-rt-5.04axhnd.675x/targets/9GW/9GW.GT-AX6000. Stop.

real    0m0.033s
user    0m0.033s
sys    0m0.006s

I have also tried

Code:
sudo ln -s ~/am-toolchains/brcm-arm-hnd /opt/toolchains
echo "export PATH=$PATH:/opt/toolchains/crosstools-aarch64-gcc-9.2-linux-4.19-glibc-2.30-binutils-2.32/usr/bin" >> /.profile
echo "export PATH=$PATH:/opt/toolchains/crosstools-arm-gcc-9.2-linux-4.19-glibc-2.30-binutils-2.32/usr/bin" >> ~/.profile
echo "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/opt/toolchains/crosstools-arm-gcc-9.2-linux-4.19-glibc-2.30-binutils-2.32/usr/lib" >> /.profile

im sure im missing something stupid
that you have presumed my small brain will know

Last edited:
If you use sudo, you will end up adding these lines to the root profile rather than your user's profile. Manually edit your profile, then relog to process it.

Hi,

I am having trouble compiling for gt-ax6000. It does work for other targets but I get errors for this one. Any updated instructions?