What's new

How to completely factory refresh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wizin

Regular Contributor
Hello

I wanted to start fresh with 384.12, I had issues with 100% cores which was resolved with disabling Ai protection
How can I make it so that it's like just come from the factory, no logs etc, all new setup so I can start from scratch and then install diversion etc

Hello

I wanted to start fresh with 384.12, I had issues with 100% cores which was resolved with disabling Ai protection
How can I make it so that it's like just come from the factory, no logs etc, all new setup so I can start from scratch and then install diversion etc
Paging Dr @L&LD......... Doctor will be with you in a moment @wizin ;)

Hello

You may follow the M&M Config guide to fully reset the router, for a more thorough reset of your entire network, you may want to follow the Nuclear Reset guide instead (of which the M&M Config is a subset).

Please follow the link in my signature below for both of the guides mentioned. :)

If you're viewing this on a mobile phone, try holding it in landscape mode to be able to see the signatures. ;)

You may follow the M&M Config guide to fully reset the router, for a more thorough reset of your entire network, you may want to follow the Nuclear Reset guide instead (of which the M&M Config is a subset).

Please follow the link in my signature below for both of the guides mentioned. :)

If you're viewing this on a mobile phone, try holding it in landscape mode to be able to see the signatures. ;)

Thanx for the link

That's the process for manually clearing the NVRAM:

1- Power off the Router.
2- Press and hold down the WPS button.
3- While holding the WPS button, plug in the power cable to turn router on.
4- Keep holding the WPS button for 30 seconds before releasing. The router should reboot.
5- It's Done!!

===============================

4 - This part, how long should this take? coz for me the 1st 2 lights are on and I waited for like 5-10 mins, and then had to manually power off and on
Since then a reboot from GUI, sits at completed and just scrolls
I have to manually power off and on

Thanx for the link

That's the process for manually clearing the NVRAM:

1- Power off the Router.
2- Press and hold down the WPS button.
3- While holding the WPS button, plug in the power cable to turn router on.
4- Keep holding the WPS button for 30 seconds before releasing. The router should reboot.
5- It's Done!!
===============================

4 - This part, how long should this take? coz for me the 1st 2 lights are on and I waited for like 5-10 mins, and then had to manually power off and on
Since then a reboot from GUI, sits at completed and just scrolls
I have to manually power off and on

After manually turning it on, is it at the setup wizard?

If not, hold it for 10 seconds and let go (the router should reboot). If that doesn't work, try it for 15 seconds and let go (the router should reboot), etc.

The goal is to get to the setup wizard (which means it would have erased the NVRAM state). :)

After manually turning it on, is it at the setup wizard?

If not, hold it for 10 seconds and let go (the router should reboot). If that doesn't work, try it for 15 seconds and let go (the router should reboot), etc.

The goal is to get to the setup wizard (which means it would have erased the NVRAM state). :)

Yeah it was on setup wizard, so that means it did clear NVRAM?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!