What's new

How to connect Huawei E5787 MiFi via usb to asus rt-ac68u?(With Latest Merlin firmware)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

CrimsonFire

New Around Here
I can't get my mobile wifi(Huawei E5787)to work with my RT-AC68U via usb.
The RT-AC68U system log only shows "Huawei Mobile"Cd-Rom attached"
I can't get my router to connect the internet(via usb)of my E5787

MiFi is a type of wireless hotspot technology and the Huawei E5787 is a compact LTE modem router with WiFi. It connects to the operator network using 3G HSPA+ or 4G LTE on the WAN side using an embedded MSISDN, IMEI and ICCID profile which is managed by the operator, and cannot be changed by the user. The only connectivity the operator provides with a MiFi device is WiFi. You cannot change any WAN interface (or very many LAN) settings.

Because of the closed-source nature of the MiFi CPE, and the fact that it requires an RNDIS (Remote Network Driver) to operate with Windows, it is not currently supported by Asuswrt.

Thread here discussing a similar device with same usage case, manual configuration is required, and currently unsuccessful:

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/wifi-as-wan-with-rt-ac68u.20739/

Hopefully someone else knows more who can help. Cheers.