What's new

How to Connect more then 64 Devices?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BennyTanTH

New Around Here
Hi,

I am having some problems with my ASUS routers in my office.
I have seen other threads where users can connect more then 64 wireless devices, however, in my case, whenever the 65th device connects, the router crashes.

This has happened to both the ac66u and the ac88u which we got hoping to solve the issue.
Is there some magical setting which needs to be set in order to allow more connections?

The devices in questions are simple arduino boards, raspberry pi's and controllers who just connect and wait for commands from the server over the network.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Edit:
If this is the wrong section, can a mod help me to move this to the "ASUS AC Router" Section. Thank you!

Last edited:
Both ac66u and the ac88u are currently in the network? If yes, how are they configured Router? AP?

Both ac66u and the ac88u are currently in the network? If yes, how are they configured Router? AP?

Hi netwrks,

Thank you for the reply. Only one of them is in the network at anyone time. The other will be used by another project.

The device is set as a router. I have tried setting up multiple soft "AP" on the single device but the problem still occurs.

The devices all use the 2.4 ghz band only.

Just throwing this out there, cause it's pretty obvious....did you make sure the IP range is acceptable? IE there's enough addresses available for all the devices? I've had instances where there weren't enough addresses to be assigned, and my router would crash as well. Also, you aren't trying to static all of them either, correct?