What's new

How to direct a Lyra Voice to the nearest wired backhaul point

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mrmarkfr

New Around Here
I'm running 2x AC68U routers, connected by gigabit, and have a Lyra voice 15' above the mesh node, but 75' from the main node. I can see a setting in the Mesh AC68U node to choose my preferred uplink, but I don't see that option in the Lyra. I put the second node in to help with connectivity of the Lyra Voice, as it loses backhaul occasionally, but it insists on connecting to the node that is further away. The strange part is that when I first set up my second AC68u, it connected to the Lyra voice instead of the main node, so I know it (the Lyra Voice) can be a middle node, but I can't see a way to force it to the closer node, which has a wired backhaul.

I've tried rebooting the Lyra, and tried optimization, neither are working.

Any ideas?
FYI, both AC68u are running 386.2, and the Lyra is running 384, and I've tried using the web app, as well as the android app.

Somehow it actually solved itself, it is now linking the Lyra Voice to the 68u on the floor right beneath it.