What's new

How to disable "Create NAT on Tunnel" OVPN Client?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MRizkBV

Occasional Visitor
I really need a short advice on how to do it, or just what to search for on Google. I am not sure where to start with. I have full control over the OpenVPN server (deployed on DigitalOcean).

The reason I want to do this is that I am using the VPN for gaming (Xbox One) and I think the router might be double NATing causing the Xbox to show NAT as Strict.

Note: I know how to disable it on the router, but it requires manual configuring for the VPN to work. I am not sure what kind of manual configuration is required so that I apply it server side.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
There's a setting at the end of "Basic Settings" in the interface when you're setting up an OpenVPN client called "Create NAT on tunnel", which you can set to "No".

There's a setting at the end of "Basic Settings" in the interface when you're setting up an OpenVPN client called "Create NAT on tunnel", which you can set to "No".

Uhh... Yea, I know this part. Lol
I just meant that it requires manual configuring to actually work after disabling it, and I just can't find anywhere online what sort of manual configuration it requires so that I apply it server side >.<

Uhh... Yea, I know this part. Lol
I just meant that it requires manual configuring to actually work after disabling it, and I just can't find anywhere online what sort of manual configuration it requires so that I apply it server side >.<

By server side you mean you're doing something like this:

https://superuser.com/questions/974327/disable-nat-in-openvpn

And you're hoping to be able to make some sort of interface change instead?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!