What's new

How to download all my iPhone photos for local archive?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wahoowad

Regular Contributor
I have about 500 photos on my iPhone 6s, also mirrored to my iCloud Photo Library. I keep googling how to make a local backup of them to my PC but can't find any instructions that work.

Apple says to install iCloud for Windows which I did, but it only seems to be copying down my recent photos. I can't make it pull the entire library down. I guess it is treating my Windows PC as another Photo Stream device.

Anyway, these photos are important to me and I don't want to trust them to Apple only given I have gobs of local storage space to also keep a backup.

I have about 500 photos on my iPhone 6s, also mirrored to my iCloud Photo Library. I keep googling how to make a local backup of them to my PC but can't find any instructions that work.

Apple says to install iCloud for Windows which I did, but it only seems to be copying down my recent photos. I can't make it pull the entire library down. I guess it is treating my Windows PC as another Photo Stream device.

Anyway, these photos are important to me and I don't want to trust them to Apple only given I have gobs of local storage space to also keep a backup.

iTunes can back up the entire photo directory inside the phone - the problem is the iCloud backup/sync stuff...

(I don't use iCloud's Photostream just for that reason).

iMazing is a good tool to check out - as it pretty much can suck any and all data out of an iPhone (including the visual voice mail files) -- https://imazing.com

It's not free - but check out the feature set, might be worth your while...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!