How to enable custom script on AiMesh nodes?

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

helloguys

Occasional Visitor
RT-AC86U, Merlin 386.1_2.

I want to enable custom scripts on AiMesh nodes. But when I put the node IP in web browser and login, it automatically redirects to the main router portal. In the node's log, I found the following, even though the main router has custom script enabled, which indicate this setting is not replicated to AiMesh nodes automatically.
[email protected]:/jffs/scripts# grep services-start /tmp/syslog.log*
/tmp/syslog.log:May 5 00:05:14 custom_script: Found services-start, but custom script execution is disabled!
/tmp/syslog.log:May 5 00:05:14 custom_script: Found services-start, but custom script execution is disabled!
[email protected]:/jffs/scripts#

How may I enable custom script on AiMesh node? Do I have to remove it from AiMesh, enable custom script and add it back in? Or is there an easier way(like, from CLI)? Thanks!

Last edited:

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Code:
nvram set jffs2_scripts=1
nvram commit