Unbound How to Enable "log-replies" to view Top Reply Domains"

• ATTENTION! You'll notice a Prefix dropdown when you create a thread. If your post applies to one of the topics listed, please use that Prefix for your post. When browsing the thread list you can use the Prefix to filter the view.
  • ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

Kingp1n

Very Senior Member
I've enabled the graphical stats within unbound. I noticed towards the bottom there is a way to view Todays DNS replies & Top Reply Domains by enabling log replies. Dumb question, but who do you this??? I looked inside unbound to see if I could enabled this feature but didn't see it. To anyone smarter than me, can you show me how to do this? Thanks!!!

dave14305

Part of the Furniture
I don't know how it's supposed to be done for the addon, but you can temporarily enable with unbound-control.
Code:
unbound-control set_option log-replies: yes
unbound-control set_option log-replies: no

Kingp1n

Very Senior Member
I don't know how it's supposed to be done for the addon, but you can temporarily enable with unbound-control.
Code:
unbound-control set_option log-replies: yes
unbound-control set_option log-replies: no
Thanks @dave14305 , does temporarily mean after a reboot it will stop working? Thanks again for everything you do here!!!!

dave14305

Part of the Furniture
Thanks @dave14305 , does temporarily mean after a reboot it will stop working? Thanks again for everything you do here!!!!
Yes, it only lasts while Unbound is running. If you stop/restart Unbound it is lost. There is a way to enable logging in the Unbound Manager menus, but I don't know it offhand.

Torson

Regular Contributor
Code:
unbound_manager advanced
3 (Advanced Tools)
vb (save current config)
vx (edit config)

Scroll down to the '# integration LOG's' section and remove the '#' at the beginning of the line you wish to uncomment.

Press F3 to save the file and Enter to acknowledge.
Press F2 to exit the editor.
Type 'y' to reload the config.

Carry on with what you were doing and check the stats later on.

Kingp1n

Very Senior Member
Code:
unbound_manager advanced
3 (Advanced Tools)
vb (save current config)
vx (edit config)

Scroll down to the '# integration LOG's' section and remove the '#' at the beginning of the line you wish to uncomment.

Press F3 to save the file and Enter to acknowledge.
Press F2 to exit the editor.
Type 'y' to reload the config.

Carry on with what you were doing and check the stats later on.
Thanks!!! Got it working with this.

juched

When installing the GUI option I believe it use to enable this automatically. If you want to see which client made that request, then you need to disable dnsmasq under the advanced menu so it speaks to unbound first and not proxied via dnsmasq.

These details update hourly, so some delay before they start showing up (minute 57 and 59 of each hour).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!