What's new

How to encrypt your Email?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sarahadames

New Around Here
Hi,

How i can setup encryption on my email? is there any simple setup guide ? anyone have anything like that?
How about "Protonmail" ?

Hi,

How i can setup encryption on my email? is there any simple setup guide ? anyone have anything like that?
How about "Protonmail" ?

The cleanest way is to obtain a Digital ID (Comodo offers free ones for personal use, otherwise it varies between 20$ and 40$/year). Note that both ends must each own a Digital ID, as you (the sender) would encrypt using the public key of your destination.

Otherwise, you have to fall into proprietary solutions that might be harder to implement.

What e-mail service do you use? Assuming it's business grade?
If you're using Office 365, depending on what plan, there are built in encryption methods you simply have to turn on.
Is this going to be for regular e-mails sent back and forth with a business partner? In which case, depending on the mail server you use, you can just setup a special TLS tunnel between your server and theirs. Or...lots of various "one-off" e-mails you will be sending various people...never to hear from again? In which case subscribing to some service, like AppRivers "Cipher Post", is a good solution.