What's new

How to extract *.u Firmware under Windows

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ginny

Occasional Visitor
The older *.trx Firmware format could be easily extracted using 7Zip. Firmware for e.g. ASUS RT-AC86U or RT-AX92U uses a new format with a ".u" extension. Does anybody now how to extract this firmware type under windows.

Thanks in advance for your help

The older *.trx Firmware format could be easily extracted using 7Zip. Firmware for e.g. ASUS RT-AC86U or RT-AX92U uses a new format with a ".u" extension. Does anybody now how to extract this firmware type under windows.

Thanks in advance for your help

All of my AC86U firmware downloads as .zip and extracts to and installs from .w. I must be missing something.

OE

Hi OE
Thanks for your reply. But I want to extract the .u firmware file itself as I can for .trx files with 7Zip in this example

1599320327783.png

Using 7Zip under Windows no problem, but I'm searching for a tool that allows me to achieve the same for .u firmware files

Can't be done under Windows. Under Linux it requires multiple tools, as you need to handle UBI file containers, as well as JFFS2 partitions.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!