What's new

how to get a list of named clients ("Bobs-iPhone") from shell to detect visitors

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

David Kremer

Occasional Visitor
From the ASUS shell, how can I get a list of connected clients (by device name, for example "Bobs-iPhone" is how they usually show up) as well as MAC address?

This is similar to just looking at the Network Map in the ASUS UI, but I need to know on an hourly basis, when clients are there and when not. Also useful would be a summary of how long they're connected etc.

Last edited:
Last edited:
From the ASUS shell, how can I get a list of connected clients (by device name, for example "Bobs-iPhone" is how they usually show up) as well as MAC address?

This is similar to just looking at the Network Map in the ASUS UI, but I need to know on an hourly basis, when clients are there and when not. Also useful would be a summary of how long they're connected etc.

Get a Fingbox.

Last edited:
take a look at a program called "whos on my wifi"
I second this recommendation! Audible alert of "New computer found" gets my attention quickly. I keep a list of ALL devices that have ever connected to my network with their hostname, IP address, wired AND wireless MAC. this list includes any guests' or relatives' devices so I do not get false alarms.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!