What's new

How to identify channels supported by the Asus Router before buying?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sachb

I was in the market for a mid range Wifi5 router and came across the AC86U, unfortunately very little did I know that this Router didn't have channels 149-161 available for selection.

For future purchases, I would like to know in advance the channels supported by router before buying them.

Is there anyway to identify them if we ought to purchase it from amazon or a store?

My region is Middle East

What's suprising is, the Netgear RAX80 which I bought has channels 149-161 for selection.

The channel availability is determined by the region you are in. My AC86U units have channels 149-165 available but I am in the US. Your Netgear may not have been setup with your region restrictions or it was originally sold in another region.

Last edited:
The channel availability is determined by the region you are in. My AC86U units have channels 149-161 available but I am in the US. Your Netgear may not have been setup with your region restrictions or it was originally sold in another region.
I bought it from an authentic retailer and it has the UK plug, the Netgear RAX80 router and the previous R7800, both support channels 149-161. Heck even the cheaper Dlink DIR-882 had channels 149-161 for selection.

I bought it from an authentic retailer and it has the UK plug,

Maybe the router was intended for sale in South Africa... no ch above 140.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!