What's new

How to implement split tunneling on router GT-AXE11000 with asuswrt merlin firmware with ~9300 rules?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jagga99

New Around Here
Guys, I'm trying to resolve issue with my ISP, around 9300 routing rules should be implemented in order to get pure internet without any blocks.
As I understood - this thing is being called "split tunneling" and router could do this by routing requests to ~9300 ipset subnetworks to external OpenVPN server.

How to do this by using asuswrt firmware? thanks a lot.
PS: Best wishes to RMerlin, greate job and all community.

Guys, I'm trying to resolve issue with my ISP, around 9300 routing rules should be implemented in order to get pure internet without any blocks.

First question I would have - who is your ISP?

9300 rules - I don't think anyone has ever done that one - I could be wrong, but imagine that each and every traffic flow has to be reviewed to see if there is a match or not...

Anyways - using netfilter to do this with firewall rules and ipset is not the right way to approach the problem if one wants to split tunnel.

I would build a route specifically for the VPN tunnel, and not have that as the default route - then one can be clever moving from there.

enjoy

Anyways - using netfilter to do this with firewall rules and ipset is not the right way to approach the problem if one wants to split tunnel.

I would build a route specifically for the VPN tunnel, and not have that as the default route - then one can be clever moving from there.

enjoy
You just earned the best split tunnel answer of the year award!

Seriously, thanks for sharing.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!