What's new

How to keep RT-N16 alive

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bogolisk

Occasional Visitor
Hi

I've been using a (now unsupported) RT-N16 for 4 years. It has been very trustworthy. It's firmware is Merlin 378.50. However, I just switched ISP and going from 25Mbps plan to a 100Mbps plan.

Speedtest with laptop connected (using Cat6) directly to the modem gives: 98.9Mbps/10.3Mbps
Speedtest with laptop connected (using Cat6) to RT-N16, then to modem (using Cat6) gives: 66Mbps/9.5Mbps.

Is there any option (some kind of hw offloading?) to get the RT-N16 to reach 90 Mbps, or I have to buy a new router?

Thank you

--
Bogolisk

i've got 120/10 plan.
the modem is Cisco EPC3212.
my RT-N16 gives 116/9.8 easy.

ps.
i use john9527's LTS fork - just upgraded to v374.43_2-22E2j9527
highly recommended :D

Make sure NAT/Hardware acceleration is enabled. Check the Tools -> Sysinfo page to validate.

I also strongly recommend switching to John's fork, so you can get a whole bunch of security fixes that occured since that last release.

Make sure NAT/Hardware acceleration is enabled. Check the Tools -> Sysinfo page to validate.

I also strongly recommend switching to John's fork, so you can get a whole bunch of security fixes that occured since that last release.
hw accel: disabled (by user) !!!! :(

how to enable it? please!

does QoS disables hw-accel?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!