What's new

How to lock home device to 2.4GHz never 5GHz

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rackofnetman

New Around Here
Router RT-AC88U
Firmware 384.17
Asus Smart connect is enabled.
Wi-Fi is set to open system

I have several Sensibo AC controllers that must use the 2.4 band. They will drop out and go off line if switched to the 5Ghz band.

How can I lock these devices to the 2.4Ghz band.

Or create a guest network SSID for them only on the 2.4 radio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or don't use Smart Connect and take control of which devices you want on each network.

I have separate SSIDs for 2.4 and 5GHz networks. Like Home and Home5

If you use Smart Connect and want to stay with it (when you get it working right, there's nothing better), then maybe look at the SC rules and signal levels. Watch and Analyze the Wireless log and see what signal levels and rates they negotiate... you might find they are weak or negotiate a slower speed than your other devices. You can then use these values to target them in SC to stay on 2.4Ghz.

The fact they don't work on 5GHz doesn't make sense unless they have a known flaw (and maybe an update?) or you have some other settings or tweaks. Guest WiFi networks, diversion, skynet? Maybe the fact that your not using WPA2 has exposed a bug somewhere... try enabling it. Good practice even for isolated houses.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!