What's new

How to Log Wireless Guest users to USB ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dildrum

New Around Here
Hi, I have an Asus N66U, HW ver. B1, running Asus Merlin 380.64_2. Bootloader 1.0.1.9.

I would like to log to USB RAM all “Guest” wireless users by IP address at the minimum, or the data contained in Network Map > Clients > View List as a file, .csv would be fine.

I note that the Ntwk list can be exported, but this seems to be a real time list. Whereas, I would like to log every user even when I am not looking at the list.

I see that one could extract the required data from the General System Log. So one could post process any USB data. One problem with the system log is that it is cleared at reboot time and the router will be set to reboot once a week at, say 0400.

It would be nice to capture the wireless log data as shown.

I would appreciate any pointers as to the best way to achieve the above. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Last edited:
Many thanks Martineau, I appreciate the reply.

Does not answer the query precisely but it does give me some ideas. For that I thank you.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!