What's new

How to properly configure (secure) IP Camera on ASUS RT-AC3200?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

New Around Here
Hi, I have just bought this IP Camera: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07JZCYKVC/?tag=smallncom-21

Specifically because it said:

• [ADVANCED ENCRYPTION AND SECURITY]: You have the direct connection with the Wi-Fi camera, the IP camera's video wont be saved on any servers or forwarded by manufacturer. Your privacy is only known to you. NO RISK of PERSONAL INFORMATION.

So I just want to make sure that this camera does not send my video signal to some third party - any ideas how I can do that?

Something that got me worried, is to set up the camera you have to initially connect it to the router via ethernet. You then download an app (sricam) and then set up an account with an email address. Why would you need to do that if you don't rely on their servers? Just seems a bit odd.

I actually logged into my Asus router and created a guest network for this camera. I then BLOCKED internet access... yet the app/camera still works! (I switched off wifi on my phone). Yet when I block my computer I cannot access any websites.

So I've got a couple of questions I hope some of you will be able to help with:

1. What does the 'Block Internet Access' option in the Asus app actually do? Does it block ALL internet access?
  2. If blocking internet access via (1) does indeed block internet access, how the hell is this camera/app still working!? o_O
  3. What is the best way to test and configure this kind of IP camera so that you know it is not (or not able to) send your footage to some third party server?

Thanks in advance for any help, any other tips also appreciated.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!