What's new

how to see what's connected to each IP?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bobyang

Regular Contributor
Hi,

I just wonder how to see what's inside the connections? I only open 3 websites, and I saw it has 357 connections! Then, I did the same thing with a tomatoUSB router, I only see 37 connections. I just wonder how can I see what's 357 connecting too? either web or telnet are fine as long as I can see them.

https://192.168.1.1/Main_TrafficMonitor_devrealtime.asp

thanks!

Hi,

I just wonder how to see what's inside the connections? I only open 3 websites, and I saw it has 357 connections! Then, I did the same thing with a tomatoUSB router, I only see 37 connections. I just wonder how can I see what's 357 connecting too? either web or telnet are fine as long as I can see them.

https://192.168.1.1/Main_TrafficMonitor_devrealtime.asp

You can see the details on tracked connections under System Logs -> Connections

You can see the details on tracked connections under System Logs -> Connections

thank you!

I see, I got so many different types because it counts all types "CLOSE, ESTABLISHED,SYN_SENT,TIME_WAIT"

I have a question, I have iptables limit the conn numbers. does it count all types or exclude something like CLOSE? I am going to google it, please let me know if you know a quick answer. thanks!

Code:
iptables -I FORWARD -p tcp -m iprange --src-range 192.168.100-192.168.2.200 -m connlimit --connlimit-above 220 -j DROP

I have a question, I have iptables limit the conn numbers. does it count all types or exclude something like CLOSE? I am going to google it, please let me know if you know a quick answer. thanks!

Code:
iptables -I FORWARD -p tcp -m iprange --src-range 192.168.100-192.168.2.200 -m connlimit --connlimit-above 220 -j DROP

I don't know. It's probably specified in the connlimit module documentation.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!