What's new

How to set up repeater from xfinitywifi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dan Dascalescu

Occasional Visitor
How can a router (or some other device) be set up as a repeater from the xfinitywifi access point? (I don't have or need a Comcast modem at this location, but I have a Comcast account.)

When I login to xfinitywifi, I need to enter my Comcast user/pass on a web page. Is there a way to automate that process on a router, which would then rebroadcast the signal within my place?

How do your other Wi-Fi devices handle the login?

How do your other Wi-Fi devices handle the login?

If it's like other CableWiFi setups I've seen, it's a captive portal page - with CoxHSI, it's Hotspot 2.0 compliant, not sure if it does Passpoint, but it might...

If it's like other CableWiFi setups I've seen, it's a captive portal page - with CoxHSI, it's Hotspot 2.0 compliant, not sure if it does Passpoint, but it might...
So every Wi-Fi device has to authenticate through a captive portal? What about devices that don't have browser interfaces?

So every Wi-Fi device has to authenticate through a captive portal? What about devices that don't have browser interfaces?

xfinitywifi SSID is the public/shared hotspot one that is covered by the captive portal...

OP is trying to access that one... not the private one

xfinitywifi SSID is the public/shared hotspot one that is covered by the captive portal...

OP is trying to access that one... not the private one
Ah. Sorry. I thought something didn't smell right. :)