What's new

How to subnet with IPv6 on an RT-N66U with Merlin firmware?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bgvaughan

Occasional Visitor
Comcast issued my household a combination cable modem and router; I would have preferred just a cable modem, and to let my RT-N66U handle all the routing, but they didn't offer an alternative device in my area. So, the cable modem/router has only the telephone and the RT-N66U attached to it, I've disabled the Wi-Fi on the cable modem/router, and put the RT-N66U in a DMZ. So far, this all works well, except for IPv6. Using the auto setting, the RT-66U picks up an IPv6 address, but it doesn't advertise or route IPv6.

I notice, though, that Comcast is now allotting /60s, so I thought I should be able to subnet it. I figured that would require setting the WAN and LAN IPv6 details as static settings on the IPv6 page in Merlin. Is that right? And can someone outline how I'd do it?

Using the auto setting, the RT-66U picks up an IPv6 address, but it doesn't advertise or route IPv6.

Maybe a screenshot of Asus IPv6 panel can help illustrating the issue.

You can log into the Comcast modem and enable bridge mode. I also have same ipv6 issue with ac66 router

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!