What's new

How to undo/cancel the scheduled reboot via terminal

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wizin

Regular Contributor
#!/bin/sh
cru a ScheduledReboot "0 4 * * * /sbin/reboot"

I want to undo this since at times, it completely shuts of the router on my AC86U

#!/bin/sh
cru a ScheduledReboot "0 4 * * * /sbin/reboot"

I want to undo this since at times, it completely shuts of the router on my AC86U
Display the existing cron entries
Code:
cru l

0 4 * * * /sbin/reboot #ScheduledReboot#
then delete the cron schedule by using its 'tag'
Code:
cru d ScheduledReboot

cru l

Display the existing cron entries
Code:
cru l

0 4 * * * /sbin/reboot #ScheduledReboot#
then delete the cron schedule by using its 'tag'
Code:
cru d ScheduledReboot

cru l

Did I do this correctly? I set mine at 5:15AM

Attachments

• 2019-09-15 13_48_14-Window.jpg
    2019-09-15 13_48_14-Window.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 260
Did I do this correctly?
No you didn't. But your output shows something different from what your original post said. :rolleyes: So what is the truth? Are you using the script in post #1 or the AMTM option shown in your screen shot. The screen shot also shows a reboot time of 05:25, not the 05:15 you stated.

No you didn't. But your output shows something different from what your original post said. :rolleyes: So what is the truth? Are you using the script in post #1 or the AMTM option shown in your screen shot. The screen shot also shows a reboot time of 05:25, not the 05:15 you stated.

I believe its 5:25, not 5:15 and I did follow https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/Scheduled-Reboot ( I think ) but now I went to amtm options and there was reboot scheduler there - rs
I removed that, will that resolve it?

Attachments

• 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 234
Look in the /jffs/scripts/init-start file. If you can't see any lines that contain the reboot command then it's been disabled (i.e. deleted).