What's new

AdGuardHome How to uninstall Adguard Home?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheDaveAbides

Occasional Visitor
What is the safe/preferred way to uninstall Agduard Home? When in AMTM I don't get an option when running 'ag'. I thought I read installing Adguard Home changes ports, so I wanted to make sure things get set back to normal. I do see an AMTM reset. I just want to make sure I'm doing in the correct way.

EDIT: Nevermind, the option did finally appear. I think what happened, though I did install a USB drive, I was never told to create a swap file. Which was even an issue, as AGH filled up so much memory, it seemed like it was crashing things and not even wanting to create the swap file. I rebooted & disabled AGH from it's webGUI (lowering memory a bit, was able to create a swap file, and then eventually the option to uninstall showed up.

I also have AGH running on a different Windows machine. I was hoping running on the router would help client IDs, but it still hates IPv6, which is needed in T-mobile Home Internet. I'm now debating what DNS/filtering to go with, as NextDNS hasn't bothered to do much with device IDs as well. I was hoping to not install mobile configs on devices, but that seems like the easiest way to get the correct security as well as ID devices. Checking out ControlD.

Last edited:
I do experience that kind of problem. AMTM is telling me AdGuardHome is installed, but when I enter «ag» in amtm, it comes back to amtm menu. I figured out my installation of AdGuard is corrupted (and it is quite possible because I had problems with my usb stick)
I searched and didn't found any AdGuardhome directory. Is it possible to change something in amtm in order to tell him adguard is not installed ?

I searched and didn't found any AdGuardhome directory. Is it possible to change something in amtm in order to tell him adguard is not installed ?
amtm looks for the file /opt/etc/AdGuardHome/installer to determine if it is installed.
You could remove it with:
Code:
rm /opt/etc/AdGuardHome/installer