What's new

How to use “Clients List” on ASUS Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

spritezf

Occasional Visitor
Hi, Guys! Today we’ll talk about how to use “Clients list” on ASUS Router, take RT-AC88U for example.

1.You can check on clients list on the network map page when you want to find out how many clients connect to your router. -> Picture 1

2. Click the button “View List”, will open a new page and you can find more detail information for the clients. Filter the device by Clients name/Clients IP Address/Clients MAC Address/Interface, also can find wireless client’s link rate, connecting time. You can save the clients list as an excel file by clicking the button “export” on the button of this page. ->Picture 2

3. Click the icon. You can find client status on the right side of the network map page. That will show how many clients Online, how many Wired or Wireless connect to the router. -->Picture 3

4. Click the client icon you can do more setting for the clients. Like change client name/fixed client IP/Icon etc. “Block Internet Access” and “Time Scheduling” will sync with parental controls page to block client access internet. “MAC and IP address Binding” will sync with LAN-DHCP server page’s “Manually Assigned IP around the DHCP list” feature. -->Picture 4

Attachments

• ClientList.jpg
    ClientList.jpg
    340 KB · Views: 5,569
Are you able to tell me what command I can type in the router command line shelf to achieve this?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Hi, Guys! Today we’ll talk about how to use “Clients list” on ASUS Router, take RT-AC88U for example.

Let's not. "Clients list" is not reliable enough nor complicated enough to warrant discussing it. I recommend ignoring it, instead. :)

OE

Old thread I know, but google took me here, and I found a few answers
Here are some commands that go some way towards that:
list associated wireless clients:
for dev in `nvram get wl_ifnames`; do wl -i $dev assoclist; done
ARP table:
arp -n
IP Neighbours:
ip neigh
DHCP leases:
cat /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases

feature limitation of Asus router(s):
- can't remove old client mac addresses

and

This will not apply to all Asus routers, that don't support the Asus router phone app ,but maybe it will help a few people out. I've found an easy way to clear client (MAC address) list of all unused / no longer wanted devices using the Asus router app. Since i use the Wifi whitelist filtering of all devices (wireless MAC filter set to 'accept') this was super helpful. Just go to the google play store and download the Asus router app for Android (assume if you have a proprietary "she, hers, them" crApple you probably wouldn't be here, reading this anyway).

Once you get it installed, then just click on 'devices' tab at the bottom, scroll to the bottom and select 'offline' (scroll again after this as it's kinda glitchy), and finally just double click the device name and 'delete' / 'delete all' or 'clean offline list'. I just use the 'delete all' so i can monitor and start fresh. And that appears to do the job of finally being able clearing out all unwanted / old clients!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!