What's new

How to view statically assigned IP addresses/hosts connecting to NAT/Router?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hoondi

New Around Here
Hi Developers,

I so love having a router that will have active development well after the vendor has washed their hands of the product and want to you buy a new/replacement. So a big thank you for this project, It's wonderful!

Forgive me if I'm just blind and not opening my eyes, but I thought I was able to see hosts on my LAN that had a statically assigned IP address. Is this just me or is this not possible anymore?

I wanted to block internet access to an IP address that I know is statically configured, and I couldn't find where to do it. I found where I can do it if the IP is issued via the DHCP service, but not if the IP is static.

I can't seem to find this in the menus after having a bit of a look so am reaching out to get some confirmation.

If this is the case and I'm not blind after all, is anyone else interested in seeing a table of your entire LAN along the lines of:

| IP Address | DHCP Reserved | Status | Last Seen | Block Internet Access |
| 192.168.1.1 | no | up | 2021-07-17 17:42:42 | no [block] |
| 192.168.1.2 | no | up | 2021-07-17 17:42:42 | no [block] |
| 192.168.1.3 | ab:cd:ef:12:34:56 | up | 2021-07-17 17:42:42 | yes [unblock] |

| 192.168.1.254 | no | down | 2021-07-01 13:05:16 | no [block] |

I would find something like the above to be really handy via the GUI.

Once again, apologies if I'm PEBCAK'ing right now.

Cheers,

Parental control blocks using the MAC address. Does not matter if the client has static or dynamic IP address.

Untitled.png

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!