1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

How yo enable gear accelerator? [Ax88u]

Discussion in 'ASUS AX Routers & Adapters' started by JSRF_Retro, Apr 9, 2020.

1. JSRF_Retro

JSRF_Retro New Around Here

I'm confused how to enable gear accelerator on the 3.0.0.4.384 8018 stock firmware.
    I enable my device and when I reselect the tab. It's nothing that's in the devices list. Just have to re-input my MAC address. How to have the settings saved?

Attached Files:

2. Trav06

Trav06 New Around Here

Same thing happens for me too -- anyone know how to get the settings to stick?

3. K-2SO

K-2SO Very Senior Member

You're missing the Apply button in your GUI. Browser issue, perhaps?

Untitled66.jpg

This is how it looks on my RT-AC86U. Should be the same or similar on yours.

4. f_a_b

f_a_b New Around Here

Same issue here on a RT-AX88U running on a 3.0.0.4.384_8018-g9e11eb3.

I have tried on multiple browsers and different platforms, the apply button does not appear... I'd bet on a bug related to the fw and / or hardware...

5. K-2SO

K-2SO Very Senior Member

I would say firmware. Report the issue. Wait for an update.

6. f_a_b

f_a_b New Around Here

Would you know where to report the issue?

7. K-2SO

K-2SO Very Senior Member

Administration -> Feedback

8. indark

indark Senior Member

it's fixed in 384.9017
    and you can report an issue that you encounter via the feedback tab under the administration page.

also, the added "gaming" page is just "one-click" gimmick, you can manually set those up easily.

the function adding a device to the priority list can be performed in the adaptive QoS page.
    in the bandwidth monitor, you drag the priority option to the devices that you wish to configure. the color of the border will change accordingly.

and to enable the gaming priority feature, is basically enable "Traditional QoS"

if you later change to adaptive QoS, the function will be disabled.

9. K-2SO

K-2SO Very Senior Member

Yes, standard QoS functions with fancy names. And they don't even work that well. o_O