What's new

HP 7515 all in one printer & Asus RT-AC68R issue.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AdamR1

New Around Here
Hi all, hope someone can help me with an issue I'm having.

I have a HP 7515(7510) all in one printer that I used to have connected wireless to a Netgear WNDR3700 running DD-WRT.

I decided to upgrade my router to the Asus RT-AC68R and installed the Merlin 3.0.0.4.374.35.4 firmware. I'm happy with the router as well as Merlin firmware.

I soon discovered the the HP printer keeps popping up with a error code on its LCD after 10 minutes of been connected to the router. If i turn off Wi-Fi or connect it to another wireless router the printer works fine. I have posted in the HP support forums to see if they can figure out whats happening and posting here to see if anyone here can help.

Hi,
What is the error code?

The error code that the printer displays 0xb893eb84. It seems to be general cryptic code. According to some HP posts the first things they have you do start with power cycling the printer and pulling out the ink cartridges and print head and cleaning them. I have tried them all with no luck. The printer attached to two different routers work perfect.

I have old hp office jet 7410 and it is very chatty with snmp. Try resetting the HP printer to factory default. And then unplug it for a couple minutes.

I'm going to assume/guess the problem is old netgear uses 192.168.0.1 as default and ASUS uses 192.168.1.1 as default. Try changing ASUS local IP address to 192.168.0.1

I have had many problems in past with 7410 that I think are related to hp's snmp and sharing but I'm no expert. I don't use it wireless anymore and disabled wireless and use Ethernet.

I can always get it to print using ipad and eprint app 100 percent of the time, but printing with windows laptops or desktops is a crap shoot.....hit or miss.

The new and old router both use 192.168.0.1 address so that's not an issue
It seems sort communication error is going on and the printer seems to freak out and go into an error mode(maybe some sort of buffer overflow) after 10 minutes.

I have i have an old Linksys (netgear bricked, will unbrick to test later) router and if i connect that router(w/o internet) the printer does not error code. I decided to pull the internet cable off the Asus router and see if that would work and the printer still error codes.

Have you tried setting a static IP address on the printer instead of using DHCP to assign it? It's maybe a long shot, but that's one thing I think of when I hear of problems occurring every n minutes.

I have tried assigning a static IP to the printer and no luck. The only two things left is that my desktop maybe causing an issue or the router is screwing up routing packets.

The other router I have hooked up the printer seems to work fine with it. Static IP and DHCP. So its either the desktop or router. Since my old netgear had no issues leaning towards router.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!