I am having a problem with disney+ and CBS All Access if I put DNS servers in the IPV6 settings

  • ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

Ellsworth

Occasional Visitor
I am using 386.1 for my router. I used to be able to stream Disney+ to my Hisense TV (AndroidTV 5) with no problems. However, I could never get CBS All Access to stream. Then, since I upgraded to 386.1 Disney+ would no longer stream properly. I played around with many settings (especially my diversion settings) but nothing seemed to fix the problem. There were no dnsmasq blockinglist domains related to Disney+ showing up so it was not anything related to ad blocking.

However, when looking at the settings for IPV6, I had added IPV6 DNS servers 2620:0:ccc::2 (OpenDNS), 2001:4860:4860::8888 (Google), and 2001:4860:4860::8844 (Google), and selected disabled connect to DNS servers automatically. When I enabled connect to DNS servers automatically the problem went away. So it looks like some weird problem with setting DNS servers in the IPV6 page. Merlin must be doing something funny with IPV6 DNS servers.

Things are working much better now with my AndroidTV but you might want to check this out for future builds.
 

dave14305

Part of the Furniture
I had added IPV6 DNS servers 2620:0:ccc::2 (OpenDNS)
This is listed as a Sandbox service for OpenDNS. Maybe it was unreliable.
 

Lee MacMillan

Regular Contributor
I am using 386.1 for my router. I used to be able to stream Disney+ to my Hisense TV (AndroidTV 5) with no problems. However, I could never get CBS All Access to stream. Then, since I upgraded to 386.1 Disney+ would no longer stream properly. I played around with many settings (especially my diversion settings) but nothing seemed to fix the problem. There were no dnsmasq blockinglist domains related to Disney+ showing up so it was not anything related to ad blocking.

However, when looking at the settings for IPV6, I had added IPV6 DNS servers 2620:0:ccc::2 (OpenDNS), 2001:4860:4860::8888 (Google), and 2001:4860:4860::8844 (Google), and selected disabled connect to DNS servers automatically. When I enabled connect to DNS servers automatically the problem went away. So it looks like some weird problem with setting DNS servers in the IPV6 page. Merlin must be doing something funny with IPV6 DNS servers.

Things are working much better now with my AndroidTV but you might want to check this out for future builds.
FWIW, I am using Google IPv6 DNS servers and have no problems with Disney+ through my Roku.
 

Latest threads

Sign Up For SNBForums Daily Digest

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!
Top