What's new

I am worried about the log - AC86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

uriel250

Regular Contributor
Every few hours I get this log, I don't notice any change in the router performance, can you tell me what is this and if should I worry that it stops every few hours and then starts again ? What does thing does ?

Jul 17 10:49:14 rc_service: watchdog 757:notify_rc stop_aae
Jul 17 10:49:14 rc_service: watchdog 757:notify_rc start_mastiff
Jul 17 10:49:14 NAT Tunnel: AAE Service is stopped
Jul 17 10:49:14 rc_service: waitting "stop_aae" via watchdog ...
Jul 17 10:49:14 NAT Tunnel: AAE Service is stopped
Jul 17 10:49:15 NAT Tunnel: AAE Service is stopped
Jul 17 10:49:15 AAE: AAE Service is started
Jul 17 10:49:15 Mastiff: init

Update:
It keeps doing it non stop ... The log let me see the past 30 minutes (Even though the router been on for 3 hours since the last reboot I made) - and in the last 30 minutes it did it like 5-6 times ... every few minutes it does that. Is the router defective ?

If you don't use the AiMesh feature you could try installing Merlin's firmware, I believe that has an option to turn off the NAT Tunnel service.

But if it's not causing you any problems just ignore it.

If you don't use the AiMesh feature you could try installing Merlin's firmware, I believe that has an option to turn off the NAT Tunnel service.

But if it's not causing you any problems just ignore it.
It doesn't cause any problems, but I am afriad it will fk up the router in the future because it does that non stop 24/7 ...

I don't use AiMesh. I am afriad Merlin Firmware will hurt my fiber speed or other settings ... therefore I prefer to stay with the stock firmware unless there is an issue.

It doesn't cause any problems, but I am afriad it will fk up the router in the future because it does that non stop 24/7 ...

I don't use AiMesh. I am afriad Merlin Firmware will hurt my fiber speed or other settings ... therefore I prefer to stay with the stock firmware unless there is an issue.

Well two things:

It's probably not going to mess up anything.

2nd Merlin isn't going to mess with your fiber speeds if anything his firmware will ensure you get the most of your connection.

Sounds to me like you're a bit lost though - what brought you here just curious?

Well two things:

It's probably not going to mess up anything.

2nd Merlin isn't going to mess with your fiber speeds if anything his firmware will ensure you get the most of your connection.

Sounds to me like you're a bit lost though - what brought you here just curious?
Ok ... If it won't mess up anything then it will be good.

I think your last sentence is pointless.

Ok ... If it won't mess up anything then it will be good.

I think your last sentence is pointless.

No it's really not - most don't find their way to SNB forums if they're unfamiliar with custom firmware etc. You're taking as an insult I'm just looking for perspective as to what brought you this far is all to further guide/assist.

Hi @uriel250, Just a reminder that the Router thread is meant for hardware routers, wired only. Please post about Wireless routers in the Wireless Networking Forums. There are specific threads for Asuswrt-Merlin and stock Asuswrt firmware there. Also helpful if you can post the version of firmware you are using.