I cannot install Merlin on my AC88U

OnlyTheBest

New Around Here
Hi, when I load the latest version of Merlin RT-AC88U_386.7_2, when I try to load it on my AC88U, it tells me "Signed Version" and does not load the firmware.

Attachments

• photo_2022-08-09_00-37-31.jpg
    photo_2022-08-09_00-37-31.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 67

Tech9

Part of the Furniture
DSL-AC88U is not supported. RT-AC88U only.

ColinTaylor

Part of the Furniture
You're loading the wrong firmware. You have a DSL-AC88U, not a RT-AC88U. Merlin doesn't make firmware for the DSL-AC88U.

OnlyTheBest

New Around Here
I just realized it..
Does RT-AC88U support ADSL? Or can you recommend a better modem?
Now I have to send this back..

Tech9

Part of the Furniture
No xDSL modem in RT-AC88U. The best modem for your ISP is your ISP recommended modem. It will be guaranteed compatible with their network.

Tech9

Part of the Furniture
Not for this specific Modem/Router model.

Tech9

Part of the Furniture

Tech9

Part of the Furniture
I'm not sure this model runs Asuswrt. Ask here:

I would get a separate modem and an Asuswrt-Merlin supported router instead. Why binding the router with your current ISP service?

OnlyTheBest

New Around Here
I'm not sure this model runs Asuswrt. Ask here:

I would get a separate modem and an Asuswrt-Merlin supported router instead. Why binding the router with your current ISP service?
Mainly I bought this router for the ability to install a fixed indoor vpn .. My ISP is Telecom Italia

Tech9

Part of the Furniture
I understand, but you didn't do your homework well. Get a modem recommended by your ISP and a router with Asuswrt-Merlin support.

One of often recommended models here on SNB Forum is RT-AX86U. There is a cheaper alternative available RT-AX86S.

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
The DSL-AX88U does not even run Asuswrt, so supporting it in either Asuswrt-Merlin or Gnuton's fork is flat out impossible.