What's new

I cant get my AX58U back to factory firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

daterxies

New Around Here
i did as it stated on the wiki... hold down the WPS button and turn it on etc... yes it resets the settings but it doesn't revert back to the asus firmware. I tried uploading original firmware after doing that and its always unsuccessful. I would really like to keep this but since i put this on my RP-AC55's are not even recognized after resetting them so i just lost my whole mesh system and have more concerning problems to deal with in my house then figuring that out right now. How do i go about reverting it back if the wiki's instructions are not working?

Thank you

Welcome to the forums @daterxies.

The WPS Button reset method can't revert to the stock Asus firmware. You need to flash it yourself.

You need to check and double check you're using the correct firmware model version and you may need to use the firmware restoration tool method to do so too.

i did as it stated on the wiki... hold down the WPS button and turn it on etc... yes it resets the settings but it doesn't revert back to the asus firmware. I tried uploading original firmware after doing that and its always unsuccessful. I would really like to keep this but since i put this on my RP-AC55's are not even recognized after resetting them so i just lost my whole mesh system and have more concerning problems to deal with in my house then figuring that out right now. How do i go about reverting it back if the wiki's instructions are not working?

Thank you
Are you trying to upload the original firmware from January 5th? If so, try uploading the firmware from October 10th first, Asus changed to dual firmware on some (or all, I'm not sure) models so earlier firmwares may be incompatible -

From AX 58U downloads - *Due to core software module upgrade, if you wanna to upgrade to this version, please must update your router to 3.0.0.4.386.45898 first.

Are you trying to upload the original firmware from January 5th? If so, try uploading the firmware from October 10th first, Asus changed to dual firmware on some (or all, I'm not sure) models so earlier firmwares may be incompatible -

From AX 58U downloads - *Due to core software module upgrade, if you wanna to upgrade to this version, please must update your router to 3.0.0.4.386.45898 first.

Yes, that's what I was doing wrong. Your suggestion fixed the problem, I sincerely appreciate the help!