What's new

I hope this makes sense...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Pachacouti

Occasional Visitor
Testing testing... oh, look, finally asus had the brains to finally lockout merlin due to merlins implementation of the login and constant ip reconfigurations that allow us to do pretty much anything we want in the login page, just dont expect the browser hijacking to go to whatever ip you've yet to set, but when its all good, and you get the two routers working, the merlin hijacks the 2nd router login, even though they use different ips on the same subnet and ip range...

How to block merlin? its piss easy, watch firefox, google, and edge block these mitm browser re-directs that do nothing but force you to login afain, oh, wait, need to reset, then do it all again just to find out google and firefox have seen the light, and now asus kick merlin back in the teeth for releasing crap then because it doeasn't work, instead of fixing his bugs, he suggests buying more modern routers... to blend in of course... thank feck for your out of my router at last!!!

Never thought I'd be pleased that google and firefox will at least make MERLIN CRAP pay for propers https certs instead of cheap self signed crap!

Thanks, I needed a good laugh today.

I think the "old tomato" referenced in the other post is now a rotten tomato, which has spread to other things :)

Thanks again for the humourous post! I love a good baseless rant.
I think the best part is the thread title "I hope this makes sense", because, no, it doesn't :)

I've got to give the OP full credit for the thread's title. Apparently, he was well aware, or at the very least highly suspected, that his post lacked any real semblance of logic, critical thinking & coherence so, hoping against all hope, he was considerate enough to warn us: "I hope this makes sense..." And then he simply let it rip. ;)

Just another troll...o_O nothing to see here.

Testing testing... oh, look, finally asus had the brains to finally lockout merlin due to merlins implementation of the login and constant ip reconfigurations that allow us to do pretty much anything we want in the login page, just dont expect the browser hijacking to go to whatever ip you've yet to set, but when its all good, and you get the two routers working, the merlin hijacks the 2nd router login, even though they use different ips on the same subnet and ip range...

How to block merlin? its piss easy, watch firefox, google, and edge block these mitm browser re-directs that do nothing but force you to login afain, oh, wait, need to reset, then do it all again just to find out google and firefox have seen the light, and now asus kick merlin back in the teeth for releasing crap then because it doeasn't work, instead of fixing his bugs, he suggests buying more modern routers... to blend in of course... thank feck for your out of my router at last!!!

Never thought I'd be pleased that google and firefox will at least make MERLIN CRAP pay for propers https certs instead of cheap self signed crap!

and your point is?

Wat8.jpg

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!