What's new

I seem to stuck on 376.49_5

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thagor

Occasional Visitor
My router is a AC56U and I wanted to update it. I downloaded the correct version RT-AC56U_380.65_0.trx from the mediafire host. Now when I go to the Firmware Upgrade tab on my router an select this file the procedure starts and runs until it hits 100% and tells me it was successful. The browser refreshes and I'm back at the network map page but the firmware is still 376.49_5. I tried it now a couple of times with a reboot before I update and with a different browser (FF and Chrome) but no luck every time the same thing happens or to more precise seemingly nothing happens. Now I'm out of ideas :(

...same problem (AC68U / 374.43). Hope I can simply restore saved config settings.....
Nope, you should not restore old firmware settings to new version! :eek:

You can use John's User NVRAM Save/Restore Utility to only save and restore USER enter data - not the whole HIDDEN CONFIG data which is firmware version dependent! :rolleyes:

Same problem equals same solution:
You wanna jump from a very old version to the newest - an intermediate step is needed! For the AC68U, you need to install first version 378.50 for the CFE (BIOS) Update - then you can jump to the newest 380.65 version.

And: You have to do a factory reset AFTER the update to .65 and reconfigure the router manually from scratch or use John's tool! :oops:

Thanks Joegreat - have upgraded and notice that all setting still intact - assume I should STILL do a factory reset and manual config (it's not that much on this router so not a big deal).

...assume I should STILL do a factory reset and manual config (it's not that much on this router so not a big deal).
Yep, to many "hidden" settings changed from the old firmware to the new one: Do yourself a favor and run the factory reset and reconfigure the router from scratch.