What's new

I think my Internal Network adapter may be going bad?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RedBatman89

Regular Contributor
So since November of 2017 I have noticed my laptop card acting strange. I normally use the 5ghz WiFi since its much faster and better. But since November I have noticed that the 5ghz WiFi would get slow sometimes. At first I thought it was a router issue but my other devices connected to 5ghz were fine, also if I switched my laptop to 2.4ghz the speed would come back to being fast again.

At first I would fix it by forgetting the network and then reconnecting it. For awhile that was working and from mid December to late January I was having no issues with the 5GHz. But now it seems to be coming back. Tonight it happened again as well as a few weeks ago too. But tonight my usual fix wasn't working and even rebooting wasn't doing anything.
I was getting slow webpage loads, but once I switched to 2.4ghz things were fine again.

The 5ghz is working fine again. Before anyway asks, I have my laptop not too far away from the router and I usually get 5 or 4 bars where I'an sitting or -58 to -62 dbm.

My question is that should I consider buying a new Internal Network adapter for my laptop. I did already update the drivers once though that doesn't seem to be helping too much.

My laptop is an ASUS ROG G750JM

Last edited:
So since November of 2017 I have noticed my laptop card acting strange. I normally use the 5ghz WiFi since its much faster and better. But since November I have noticed that the 5ghz WiFi would get slow sometimes. At first I thought it was a router issue but my other devices connected to 5ghz were fine, also if I switched my laptop to 2.4ghz the speed would come back to being fast again.

At first I would fix it by forgetting the network and then reconnecting it. For awhile that was working and from mid December to late January I was having no issues with the 5GHz. But now it seems to be coming back. Tonight it happened again as well as a few weeks ago too. But tonight my usual fix wasn't working and even rebooting wasn't doing anything.
I was getting slow webpage loads, but once I switched to 2.4ghz things were fine again.

The 5ghz is working fine again. Before anyway asks, I have my laptop not too far away from the router and I usually get 5 or 4 bars where I'an sitting or -58 to -62 dbm.

My question is that should I consider buying a new Internal Network adapter for my laptop. I did already update the drivers once though that doesn't seem to be helping too much.

Could re-seat the WiFi card and make sure those tiny antenna connectors are secure... I once saw a bit of film plastic stuck in one.

Is there a Roku WiFi Direct AP nearby broadcasting on the same channel? Some complain about the Roku3 RF Remote interface interfering with their WiFi speed when the Roku is turned on.

OE

Try different channel. Very low or high channels.

Last edited: