1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

I think my Internal Network adapter may be going bad?

Discussion in 'ASUS Wireless' started by RedBatman89, Mar 9, 2018.

1. RedBatman89

RedBatman89 Regular Contributor

So since November of 2017 I have noticed my laptop card acting strange. I normally use the 5ghz WiFi since its much faster and better. But since November I have noticed that the 5ghz WiFi would get slow sometimes. At first I thought it was a router issue but my other devices connected to 5ghz were fine, also if I switched my laptop to 2.4ghz the speed would come back to being fast again.

At first I would fix it by forgetting the network and then reconnecting it. For awhile that was working and from mid December to late January I was having no issues with the 5GHz. But now it seems to be coming back. Tonight it happened again as well as a few weeks ago too. But tonight my usual fix wasn't working and even rebooting wasn't doing anything.
    I was getting slow webpage loads, but once I switched to 2.4ghz things were fine again.

The 5ghz is working fine again. Before anyway asks, I have my laptop not too far away from the router and I usually get 5 or 4 bars where I'an sitting or -58 to -62 dbm.

My question is that should I consider buying a new Internal Network adapter for my laptop. I did already update the drivers once though that doesn't seem to be helping too much.

My laptop is an ASUS ROG G750JM

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  2. OzarkEdge

OzarkEdge Very Senior Member

Could re-seat the WiFi card and make sure those tiny antenna connectors are secure... I once saw a bit of film plastic stuck in one.

Is there a Roku WiFi Direct AP nearby broadcasting on the same channel? Some complain about the Roku3 RF Remote interface interfering with their WiFi speed when the Roku is turned on.

OE

3. RedBatman89

Well I have a Roku Premier Plus I use a lot. I do have 2 Roku 3's But they aren't used too much.

4. TonyH

TonyH Very Senior Member

Try different channel. Very low or high channels.

5. RedBatman89

Oh I use auto channel since its on higher channels.

6. OzarkEdge

OzarkEdge Very Senior Member

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018