Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

id command in Asuswrt-Rmerlin

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by Denna, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Denna

Denna Senior Member

Is there a command similar to "id" in Asuswrt-Rmerlin that displays uid, gid and groups ?

2. ColinTaylor

ColinTaylor Part of the Furniture

Not that I'm aware of. It would be fairly pointless because the OS isn't designed to be a multiuser system. That's why there is no useradd, userdel, usermod, groupadd, groupdel, etc.

3. Denna

Denna Senior Member

@ColinTaylor,

So you can't create accounts for Entware applications like unbound and dnscrypt-proxy to not run under admin ?

Unless there's a way to create accounts natively, the alternative is to install the Entware package of busybox.​

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  4. ColinTaylor

ColinTaylor Part of the Furniture

Sorry I don't use entware so I can't comment on that. If you want a multi-user Linux system I think you'd be better served by using something like a Raspberry Pi. I think others have setup a chrooted Debian environment on the router.