What's new

If I have 2 RT-68U routers in AiMesh config..can I add my older 56U as AP?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nyvram

Occasional Visitor
I'm sorry if this has been covered but I am unclear on whether an older router which doesn't support AiMesh can still be part of my WiFi/AiMesh configruation or not. Does AiMesh play nice with both APs and 'meshed' routers? Do any "AP" routers added to an AiMesh network need to be supported via AiMesh firmware?

I'm sorry if this has been covered but I am unclear on whether an older router which doesn't support AiMesh can still be part of my WiFi/AiMesh configruation or not. Does AiMesh play nice with both APs and 'meshed' routers? Do any "AP" routers added to an AiMesh network need to be supported via AiMesh firmware?

No. No. See 2... you can either use APs or AiMesh, but not both since AiMesh is suppose to be a better system of APs.

See the list of AiMesh-supported routers near the bottom. Also, the RT-AC66U B1 is said to support AiMesh similar to a 68U.

OE

thank you! that makes my decision easier. going to go with a new 86U and config the old 56 as an AP until i have enough money to pick up a 68U down the road.