What's new

Importing Traffic Monitor Statistics On New Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

FeRReTTi

Occasional Visitor
Hey everyone!

So my AC5300 had to get replaced. Asus sent me out a replacement unit and I just got done setting it up. However, when I try to import my Traffic Monitor statistics (the cstats and rstats files) the network traffic is still not coming up. I have a cifs share mounted on my NAS that my old router was posting the files to. I have pointed this new router to the same location, but it isn't importing the data. Any ideas?

Thank you! :)

Hey everyone!

So my AC5300 had to get replaced. Asus sent me out a replacement unit and I just got done setting it up. However, when I try to import my Traffic Monitor statistics (the cstats and rstats files) the network traffic is still not coming up. I have a cifs share mounted on my NAS that my old router was posting the files to. I have pointed this new router to the same location, but it isn't importing the data. Any ideas?

Thank you! :)
The hex string that is part of the cstats and rstats filename is the mac address (without the ':' separators, and in lower case) of the router. Rename the files with the mac of your new router.

The hex string that is part of the cstats and rstats filename is the mac address (without the ':' separators, and in lower case) of the router. Rename the files with the mac of your new router.
Thank you so much! All fixed! :)

I actually do have an additional question. So, your answer worked, however, I have about 5 .bak files from when I used to track my bandwidth years ago. Is there a way I can import those as well, so I can have a more complete picture? I renamed them using the mac address, but kept the .bak file extension. However, now it is only showing the time period of the c and r stats that I just recovered. However, if I delete the newest c and r stat file, it shows my bandwidth monitoring from years ago when I used it. Any idea?