What's new

In-oh. No internet. Keep getting redirected to router.asus.com?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wahoowad

Regular Contributor
had a power outage earlier today and internet (via cable) was down too. Power eventually restored, and 68U router and cable modem seem fine...but no internet. ISP (comcrap) can do remote modem reset but still no workie.

Weird thing is I keep getting redirected to this when my web pages don’t load:

It doesn’t load (as I have no internet) but just seems unusual to me. I’m hoping it might be a clue into why I can’t get my internet working. My router seems operational, my devices can connect, I can log into the admin console, and lights look good on the cable modem

had a power outage earlier today and internet (via cable) was down too. Power eventually restored, and 68U router and cable modem seem fine...but no internet. ISP (comcrap) can do remote modem reset but still no workie.

Weird thing is I keep getting redirected to this when my web pages don’t load:

It doesn’t load (as I have no internet) but just seems unusual to me. I’m hoping it might be a clue into why I can’t get my internet working. My router seems operational, my devices can connect, I can log into the admin console, and lights look good on the cable modem

Do a factory reset if you didn't.. Turn off everything and trun them back on one by one. or plug the PC directly into the modem and try. Also try ipconfig command with various switches for
TS'ing.

Do you guys re-import your configuration file after a factory reset? Does it also need to have the latest firmware updated after that?

I’m not sure it is the router. All that seems to work. And it says it can see the modem, and the lights change on both devices when I disconnect/reconnect the Ethernet cable joining them.

A safe approach I suggest is:
  1. Revert the router to factory defaults.
  2. Manual configure the router again.

Ok . I forget, once I do the factory reset how do I initially connect back to it to reconfigure it?

I’m back. The iOS app has a feature where I have saved off prior config backups. I was able to restore one of them and it started working again. If any new issues start to occur i’ll Go nuclear on it and do the factory restart.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!