What's new

Include links to the "basics" articles in the other sections?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

zjohnr

Regular Contributor
A little earlier I was searching "manually" (i.e. looking through the sections) in vain to find an article that I remembered Tim had posted a link to. I knew it was a wireless article so I looked at the articles in "Wireless How To", "Wireless Tutorial", et cetera.

But I couldn't find it and that confused the heck out of me because I knew it was an article specifically about wireless so I figured I should be able to find it in one of the wireless subsections of the site.

I eventually found it along the path "Home -> Basics -> Wireless Basics". I then realized that the basics section is sort of "on the side" and self contained.

My suggestion is to add extra links. Currently Basics contains "tabbed" sections for "Wireless Basics", "NAS Basics", "LAN & WAN Basics", and "Multimedia & VOIP Basics". I wouldn't change anything with that, I'm only suggesting that you also add include those tabs/links with the other tabbed subsections of those categories.

That is, display/add/include the "Wireless Basics" tab among the other subsection tabs already provided for the "Wireless" section. Likewise, include the "NAS Basics" tab in the "NAS" section, and so forth.

Don't know if the above is possible, but thought I'd suggest it since I think that's how I always thought the information on the site was organized.

For what it's worth,

-irrational john

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!